Who we are
Warwick Whips provides quality leather craftsmanship for whips that work!
Items available for sale include:
- Stock whips
- Hobble Belts
Our website address is: https://www.warwickwhips.com.au.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
We may collect the following information:
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, postal information, and other relevant information relating to your request
- Payment details are managed via third party offsite secure services – you may need to check their privacy policies separately from this site
The information in the form including your comments are used only for responding to you and for providing the requested service to you, and not for marketing purposes.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with the requested service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional email about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided. You are welcome to unsubscribe at any given time. Your information will be removed from our database when we receive notification of your unsubscribe.
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
Although we generally collect personal information directly from you, on occasion, we also collect certain categories of personal information about you from other sources. In particular:
- Financial and/or transaction details from payment providers located in the US, UK, and Australia in order to process a transaction (e.g. PayPal and any other payment services we might use from time to time);
- Third party service providers (like Google, Facebook, Affiliate program) who are located in the US or UK, which may provide information about you when you connect with us via the third party provider and they send us information such as your registration and profile from that service. The information varies and is controlled by that service provider or as authorised by you via your privacy settings at that service provider; and
- Other third party sources and/or partners from Australia, US or UK, whereby we receive additional information about you (to the extent permitted by applicable law), such as demographic data or fraud detection information, and combine it with information we have about you. For example, fraud warnings from service providers like identity verification service.
Who we share your data with
We will disclose personal information to the following recipients when requested:
- Our professional advisers (lawyers, accountants, bookkeepers, etc.) who are located in Australia;
- Regulators and government authorities in connection with our compliance procedures and obligations;
- A third party to respond to requests relating to a criminal investigation or alleged or suspected illegal activity;
- A third party, in order to enforce or defend our rights, or to address reputational or financial risks;
- A rights holder in relation to an allegation of intellectual property infringement or any other infringement; and
- Other recipients where we are authorised or required by law to do so.
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
We will never sell or lease your data to third parties.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Australian Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee may be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held by us please write to PO Box 1200, Warwick, Qld, Australia, 4370 or email at email@example.com.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
How we protect your data
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to Other Websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be held responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question
Attention those in the EU
Whilst our business is located in Australia we do ship our product globally and as such understand potential clients from the EU may make contact or purchase a product via our site. The above should help you to understand what we do with your contact information, if that has been collected.
Where applicable to the GDPR, the information above has been updated in line with the EU data protection law (including the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (the “GDPR”).
(Last updated: 25 May 2018)